19+ Advanced Learner Loan
Advanced Learner Loans
If you’re aged 19 or over and starting a course at level 3 or 4, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan. These loans help you cover the full tuition fees of your course. Please note there is an admin fee of £100 added to the course fee which will be included in the loan. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £26,575 a year.
Do I Qualify?
- Aged 19 and over on the first day of the course
- A resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the course
- Applying for a course with course fees of £300 or higher
All of the following courses are fundable through the loan scheme:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Level 2 Fitness Instructor and Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training combined)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Level 4 Certificate in Weight Management for Individuals with Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus and/or Metabolic Syndrome
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy*
* This course can be partially funded through the loan scheme.
Fund your Envisage Fitness course with a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan
How do I Apply?
If you book online, you will need to apply for your selected course and choose the alternative payment option at checkout. On receipt of your booking, we will contact you and ask you to confirm how you would like to pay for your course. At this point, you can indicate that you would like to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan and we will contact you to arrange an interview.
If you book over the telephone, by email or in person, you will be directed to one of our loan coordinators, who will arrange an interview with you.
During the interview, you will receive information, advice and guidance about the loan and the course you have applied for. If you decide to go ahead with the course and the loan, we will provide you with a Learning and Funding Information Letter (also known as an offer letter). Upon receipt of your Learning and Funding Information Letter, you will apply for your 19+ Advanced Learner Loan via Student Finance England.
How much can I get?
The amount you get depends on the course, and the government sets out the maximum amounts. The minimum loan amount is £300.
You can take out a loan for the maximum amount to cover your fee or you can pay part of the fee yourself. Please note: the Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy can only be partially funded through the loan scheme, so a personal contribution will also be required for this course.
How is the loan paid?
Student Finance England will pay your agreed loan direct to Envisage once we confirm your attendance on your chosen course.
Repaying your 19+ Advanced Learner Loan is straightforward.
- Your monthly repayments will be based on your income, not what you borrowed
- You’ll only start making repayments when your income is more than £26,575 per year
- You’ll only pay back 9% of any income above £26,575 a year
- Any loan remaining 30 years after you’re due to start making repayments will be written off
- If you leave or finish your course before April the following year, you won’t start making repayments through the tax system until after this date. You can make voluntary repayments at any time
- If your income drops or increases your repayment amount will change to reflect this. You can make voluntary repayments at any time to pay off your loan more quickly.
Advanced Learner Loans Explained
This short video explains everything you need to know about advanced learner loans, please watch:
Guide to the advanced learner loan online application
Once you've booked your course, you've spoken to a member of the envisage team, you'll be asked to complete an online advanced learner application, here's a guide to the online system: