Performance Massage - Level 3
The Performance Massage course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to massage clients for preparation and recovery from strenuous activities.
If you're already a holistic massage therapist, a personal trainer or a sports coach, this is perfect for you to add another service to your business offer.
It will help your clients with pre, post and inter-event muscle maintenance and restoration, the course gives you all the fundamental massage skills needed to support clients.
“The SMA is delighted to see the lead that YMCA has taken in writing new qualifications that align education and the practical skills required in our industry” — Yvonne Blake Chair of SMA, vice-chair of GCMT
Next Course Dates
- Sheffield - Start Date: 9th Mar 2024
- Sheffield - Start Date: 15th Jun 2024
Click "Book Now" for full course dates
Cost: £1,250.00Book Now
The full course title is Level 3 Diploma in Performance Massage, here's a summary of the course details:
- 8 Days in-person taught course
- Each day runs 9am-5pm
- The range of assessments include
- Practical observation
- Written worksheets
- Online open book Q+A
- Qualifies you to do performance massage
- Provides the pre-requisite to the level 4 Sports Massage Therapy course
- Cost £1395
- 19+ Advanced Learner Loans Available, Payment plans can be arranged.
The Performance Massage course is fully endorsed by The General Council for Massage Therapy (GCMT) and developed in association with the Association for Soft Tissue Therapists (SMA).
How You're Taught
This course is delivered in person, so you'll need to attend 8 days of tutor-led delivery at one of our course venues.
Each course day is made up of theory and practical sessions, covering all aspects of the course. They'll be lots of chances to speak to your tutor, ask questions and work with your peers on the course.
We ask you to arrive at the course venue at 8.45 am so that you're ready for teaching to start at 9.00 am. There are sessions then throughout the day until approximately 5.00 pm. We sometimes finish teaching slightly earlier, which then gives the course tutor the opportunity to provide learners with more individualised support.
With this being a massage course, you will be expected to provide massage to other people in the group and also be a body for others to practice on too. Please bring appropriate clothing, please come dressed comfortably for the theory sessions. For the practical sessions, please bring a change of clothing, preferably shorts and t-shirt, there are changing rooms on site.
There are a number of different assessments you must complete and pass to gain this qualification. They include:
- Written Worksheets
- Online open-book Q+A
- Practical Assessments - Observed by an assessor
Your tutor will work with you to teach and support you so that you're ready for assessments. Also if we work on a refer and defer assessment policy. So if you're not quite ready for assessment, we can defer them to a later date. Or if you refer to an assessment, and don't quite do enough to pass, we'll support you afterwards, providing feedback, guidance and additional opportunities for assessment.
The YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Performance Massage is a pre-entry requirement for the YMCA Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (Soft Tissue Dysfunction). The Level 4 qualification is required for industry recognition as a sports massage therapist.
There are no pre-requisites or pre-entry requirements for this qualification.
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
- Lifestyle management and health awareness
- Further anatomy and physiology for performance massage
- Massage professional practice
- The principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Assessing clients and treatment planning
- Application of performance massage
- Providing post-treatment care advice
Fees & Funding
The price of the course is £1395.00.
We ask for £100.00 non-refundable deposit to confirm your place on the course, this doesn't apply to anyone paying using an advanced learner loan if your employer or another organisation is paying for the course for you.
19+ Advanced Learner Loan - This course is eligible to be fully funded by the advanced learner loan.
There is a discount available if you book the Level 3 Diploma in Performance Massage and Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (soft tissue dysfunction), please use the combined bookings page for this discount to be automatically applied.
We also offer Envisage payment plans for this course, so you can spread the payments over a 3 or 6-month period
How to Apply
Click the book now button on this screen.
You'll be taken to a booking details page, enter your information, and choose your payment method.
Payment methods include:
- Pay for your course
- £100.00 deposit, then payment the remainder before you start
- Or pay in full now
- Envisage Payment Plan
- Arrange a payment plan with us so that you can spread the payments over 3 months or 6 months.
- 19+ Advanced Loan
- You'll not be charged anything at this stage and a member of our team will contact you to arrange a loan sign-up.
- Is your employer or another organisation paying for the course for you? If so, choose invoice and you'll not be charged anything up front, we'll then contact you for further details.
If you have any questions about booking a course with us then please get in touch.