Sports Massage - Level 4
The qualifications full title is YMCA Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (soft tissue dysfunction).
Gaining this certificate in sports massage therapy means you can treat your current clients, and build your own practice treating other gym-goers and members of the public suffering from muscle dysfunction.
Next Course Dates
- Sheffield - Start Date: 13th Jan 2024
- Sheffield - Start Date: 17th Aug 2024
Click "Book Now" for full course dates
Cost: £1,250.00Book Now
A Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy will give you basic and advanced skills in massage therapy, allowing you to treat patients suffering from pre diagnosed injuries, or long-term muscle complaints. You can help your clients correct common dysfunction practices to help prevent further injury and alleviate pain using massage.
Gaining a certificate in sports massage therapy means you can treat your current clients, and build your own practice.
How You're Taught
The Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy course runs over 8 days, usually two days a week, at a weekend and spread out to allow time for study and practice of practical skills. Course days run from 9 am until 5 pm and it is essential that you attend all of these days
There are a number of assessments for this course, including both practical and theoretical.
Assessment includes a workbook and worksheets, a theory exam & practical assessment.
This course can support access to degree studies related to Sports Therapy and/or Sport and Exercise Sciences.
You must hold either of the following qualifications to be able to enrol on the level 4 sports massage therapy course:
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Performance Massage (610/0701/8)
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (601/5011/7) or equivalent
Please provide us with a copy of your certificate once you have enrolled, if you hold a qualification that is not listed above but you think it provides the necessary pre-requisite then please get in touch.
- Anatomy and aetiology of soft tissue dysfunction
- Clinical assessment methods and strategic planning
- The use of non-electrical therapeutic modalities in the treatment of soft tissue dysfunction
- Providing post-treatment care
Fees & Funding
The fee for this course is £1395. A £100 deposit is required to secure your place on the course.
You can pay for this course yourself (self-funded) or if you’re aged 19 or over, have been a resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the course, and are applying for a course that is over £300 and a level 3 or 4, then you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan.
The maximum you can borrow using an advanced learner loan for this course is £811.00 so the remaining course fee of £539.00 will need to be paid, we will discuss this with you when you book.
We also offer Envisage payment plans for this course, so you can spread the payments over a 3 or 6-month period.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Click the Book Now button on this screen.
You'll be taken to a booking details page, enter your information, and choose your payment method.
Payment methods include:
- Pay for your course
- £100.00 deposit, then pay the remainder before you start
- Or pay in full now
- Envisage Payment Plan
- Arrange a payment plan with us so that you can spread the payments over 3 months or 6 months.
- 19+ Advanced Loan
- You'll not be charged anything at this stage and a member of our team will contact you to arrange a loan sign-up.
- Is your employer or another organisation paying for the course for you? If so, choose invoice and you'll not be charged anything up front, we'll then contact you for further details.
If you have any questions about booking a course with us then please get in touch.